Village Culture Experience with Free Hangi Lunch Included
$152 per ADULT
*all tickets and entry fees are covered in the tour cost.
Located on top of one of New Zealand’s geothermal hotspots, Rotorua’s Whakarewarewa Village lets you experience Māori culture in an authentic setting. On this tour, you don’t need to worry about renting a car – or about getting back to your cruise ship before it leaves. Catch a ride direct from the Port of Tauranga to Whakarewarewa. Get a guided tour around the village, see the explosive Pōhutu Geyser, enjoy a traditional Māori kapa haka performance and feast on a specially-cooked hangi lunch.
- This half-day tour gets you back to the port in time for your ship’s departure
- See a diverse range of sights in Rotorua and in the Bay of Plenty forest
- Stop at a kiwifruit orchard in Te Puke and take a walk around the vines
- No hidden fees: all tickets and entry fees are covered in the tour cost
Traveler pickup is offered
I am Paul and you will always be coming with me.
I will you pick up from outside the wharf gates at the Port of Tauranga
Just come down the gangway, along the path, out the gate and I will be waiting for you with a sign with your name on it
Stop At: Whakarewarewa – The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street Whakarewarewa Village, Rotorua 3010 New Zealand
This is the only working living village for viewing in NZ
When we arrive we will be met by one of the famous Whaka Maori guides who will take you on an easy stroll through their village explaining to you their history and culture. You will see close up the boiling waters, Pohutu Geyser, the tallest geyser in the southern hemisphere, steam ovens(where you Hangi lunch is cooking)
After the Whaka tour we will have our Hangi lunch together, then we will go to the famous Whaka Cuture Concert to see The poi dances singing and the Haka
Duration: 2 hours
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission – Whakarewarewa – The Living Maori Village
- Free Hangi (Traditional Maori Meal) for lunch